Here at Koori Kinnections, we offer a range of educational tours and workshops on the northern side of Sydney. From bush tucker-fusion cooking? classes to guided bushwalks, artefacts foods and resource talks, weaving workshops and much more!
What we offer to schools/childrens groups:
- Weaving workshops (Years 3-12)
- Hand stencil artwork (K-6)
- Historical talks about Sydney (and/or the local area) (K-12)
- Bush foods and resources talks (K-12)
- Bush food (fusion) cooking lessons (5-12)
- Shell art workshops
Every booking from this site receives a free bush tucker plant for their school!
Extras on offer:
- Staff morning/afternoon tea or lunch
- Bushfood (fusion) tastings for students
- Crocodile, Kangaroo and/or Emu sausages (supplied by a local butcher) with native sauces for lunch or tastings
We do not charge for the natural resources or for the time spent collecting them (sometimes it can take hours).
However, we DO charge for paid resources eg. Canvas/fabric, sausages, other foods etc.
Often we do ask schools to supply things like paint, paintbrushes etc that is readily available at your school.
We ask that payment is in cheque form ready to be given to the facilitator on the day made out to Koori Kinnections.
Kindergarten, Primary Stage 1 (Y1-2), Primary Stage 2 (Y3-4), Primary Stage 3 (Y5-6), Secondary Stage 4 (Y7-8), Secondary Stage 5 (Y9-10), Secondary Stage 6 (Y11-12)